Sunday, November 15, 2015

Just some whining and rambling.

So I've been missing for a while. I worked a booth at RI Comic Con over the previous weekend, so I worked 12 days straight, with three at Comic Con being an enormously exhausting waste of time. So I'm not sure if it was being overworked or if it was having such an awful time at Comic Con, but I had the worst week last week. Debated calling out of work every single morning. Didn't get out of bed until 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave on Thursday. Had some small personal drama that was likely amplified in my mind by my exhaustion. It was just long and awful. 
I do think that I may have snapped out of it though. I think a good indicator of whether I'm having a good week or a bad week is whether or not I've managed to prep my food for the next day. Is that weird? All last week I had zero mental fortitude and couldn't bother making food or packing a lunch. I'm not sure that I prepped the coffee pot either. It's Sunday, which is usually the hardest food prep day because it involves planning my food and (ugh) grocery shopping. I hate grocery shopping. In fact, I kind of hate that we need to eat to be healthy. I wish I could photosynthesize. But I did it nonetheless. 
I always make sure that I have a hard boiled egg to eat sometime mid-morning. I try to make sure I've got fruit for any snacking needs. I love sweet things and for me, a pile of clementines will do the job just as well as a Hershey bar. Though if Hershey bars are present, they should be heavily guarded. I am a chocolate fiend. So I've got three clementines. I've also got pummelo wedges. Price Rite has enormous pummelos so I eat a quarter a day. Or maybe I'll eat another quarter when I get home. It depends how I feel. And this week I finally got around to using my avocado before it went bad and made quinoa with avocado, halved tiny tomatoes, black beans, and Cain's White Balsamic & Honey Vinaigrette. 
Sometimes I put diced red onion but I didn't feel like it today. But the dressing is very important! 
I've tried substitutes but nothing has quite had the right zing yet. Also if you feel like the quinoa isn't up to par for you, you can add shredded chicken or shrimp and it's also pretty bomb that way, too.
So my lunch bag all packed up is 1 egg, 3 clementines, a quarter of a pummelo wedged up, and my quinoa junk. I think I have a thing for citrus. (If you're wondering, a pummelo is like a really delicately flavored grapefruit. It's a lot less tart, no sugaring needed!) 
Anyway, I mostly felt like, since I've only had the blog a couple of weeks, I couldn't start neglecting is already. So here it is; I had a horrible week last week, but the one ahead is already looking better. I know this because I actually prepped and packed my lunch. I guess it's the small things in life.
#SkyPirateLunchSack


1 comment:

  1. That quinoa stuff looks like it could be good. Except I hate beans. And red onion. What a terrible addition.

    Feef

    ReplyDelete