Thursday, November 5, 2015

The search is back on.

Contrary to popular (read: my sister's) belief, I'm not some hippie, all-natural, granola person. If you are, that's fine. I prefer natural solutions, hence why I tried (and failed) to make my own deodorant, why I use coconut oil for everything, and refuse to buy pre-marinated meat at the grocery store. But I don't define myself by those parameters. I still eat chips that come out of a bag, enjoy Hershey bars, and really hate vegan ice cream.
The point is, I try to be aware of what I put in and on my body. I randomly developed a walnut allergy in my early 20s but I still have trouble remembering to search for tree nuts in ingredient lists. However, I never forget to check my skincare ingredients; until now, and I'm really annoyed about it. Why?
Methyl and propylparaben. Really? Come on. And I had to go online to find the ingredients because they weren't listed on the bottle. They were possibly on the box that I immediately threw in the recycle bin, but I don't remember.
Now, I'm not an esthetician nor a dermatologist. I'm just a nerd that has sat through a couple of skincare seminars. I don't know what all of those things are but I DO know that there are three types of parabens and two of them are in my lotion. 
I'm attending an Ava Anderson party next week, so hopefully I'll learn something new about skincare/body products and find something for keeping my face properly hydrated. 
I had so much more to say on this subject, but honestly, I've been prepping for RI Comic Con so I'm exhausted and braindead. Thinking about parabens makes me feel like I've been squishing cancer on my face and that makes me sad. 
This is what lotion full of parabens might as well be. Yuck. Next product, please!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment