Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Creative outlet!

Really, this was supposed to be my creative outlet. I enjoy writing. At least most of the time. But lately my fingers have been itching for something a little more... I don't know what the word is. So I went and bought a fantastic coloring book for adults from Michael's. I love it. But that makes my hand exhausted, coloring in all the teeny tiny pieces for several hours at a time. So I started using watercolors! 
And sharpies. Back in August I bought a cheesey $2 watercolor palette on a whim while I was making a grocery store run. It was nothing special but I have really been wanting to use it. So I asked my boss if I could take some leftover matting material and got to work!
I know I'm not super talented, but it's been pretty fun. It's cool working with a completely new medium. Other than making a giant mess with them as a child, I've never worked with watercolors. I've been trying to find a medium that I'm halfway decent with. I feel like for a start I'm not doing too badly!
I've clearly got some work to do with the sharpie too, but I like the dimension it adds to the delicate colors. And they're all for sale! I have them on my etsy (xheatherlacex.etsy.com) so hopefully someone will like one of them enough to buy it. 
This lobster, my husband pointed out, isn't exactly anatomically correct, but hey, I need to start somewhere. It's not like I was sitting at the grocery store drawing one from a model! 
This ladybug isn't anatomically correct either. Their top hats are usually much bigger. Not so comically small.
So if any of these are interesting to you, check out my etsy! Check back now and again too, because I plan on doing more.


1 comment:

  1. I like the owl best. Except for his wing. You should make one of my dogs if you think you could capture their magnificent essence.
    Feef

    ReplyDelete